Back on Episode 14 of the Radio GDR podcast, host Shane Whaley recorded a field report outside Timeride, the latest GDR/Cold War attraction in Berlin. Timeride is a virtual reality and augmented reality tour, set in the 1980s, which takes you through Checkpoint Charlie and into the capital of the German Democratic Republic.
On today’s podcast, I bring you a conversation with Julian Herbig, who is the PR and Communications Manager at Timeride.de Julian tells us more about the experience itself as well as the story behind the Checkpoint Charlie Virtual Reality Tour and the VR experience of East Berlin. Now we can immerse ourselves in Cold War West and East Berlin.
Links and Resources Mentioned on Episode 18 of the Radio GDR podcast.
- TimeRide – Checkpoint Charlie Virtual Reality Tour
- Timeride Official Website
- Julian Herbig, PR and Communications Manager, TimeRide.
- Radio GDR Field Report of the Checkpoint Charlie Virtual Reality Tour into East Berlin.
- A virtual reality East Berlin at Checkpoint Charlie is a feast of ‘ostalgia’ The Times Review of Timeride.
- 30 years on, Berlin Wall comes back to life with virtual reality
- Radio GDR Listeners Facebook Group